Definition of amiable:
mental, genial, affable, pleasing, attractive, cordial, winning, nice, lovely, lovable, attitude, good-humoured, friendly, good-tempered, engaging, loving, well-disposed, mellow, good-humored, good, good-natured, harming, benignant, winsome.
- cheerful (part of speech: adjective)
- friendly (part of speech: adjective)
- agreeable (part of speech: adjective)
- mild (part of speech: adjective)
- sociable (part of speech: adjective)
- pleasant (part of speech: adjective)
- "Renée Mauperin", Edmond de Goncourt and Jules de Goncourt.
The stern and rigid virtues of the Romans allowed this among many other customs, that were more unnatural than amiable, and such as in civilized societies of the present day would have been considered among the most atrocious of moral crimes.- "Travels in China, Containing Descriptions, Observations, and Comparisons, Made and Collected in the Course of a Short Residence at the Imperial Palace of Yuen-Min-Yuen, and on a Subsequent Journey through the Country from Pekin to Canton", John Barrow.
- "A Hazard of New Fortunes", William Dean Howells.