Definition of assimilate:
- To appropriate and transform or incorporate into the substance of the assimilating body; to absorb or appropriate, as nourishment; as, food is assimilated and converted into organic tissue.
- To be converted into the substance of the assimilating body; to become incorporated; as, some kinds of food assimilate more readily than others.
- To become similar or like something else.
- To bring to a likeness or to conformity; to cause a resemblance between.
- To change and appropriate nourishment so as to make it a part of the substance of the assimilating body.
- To liken; to compae.
intuit, befool, sense, draw a conclusion/an inference, assimilation, grok, clear, earn, twig, discern, take-in, savvy, steep, put one across, watch, same, collect, hit on, dupe, adopt, metabolize, conceive, cotton, acclimatize, catch, decode, occupy, co-opt, community, engulf, invite, make, identify, sum up, recognize, overhear, come up with, soak up, suck, ingest, judge, decipher, anglicize, engross, liken, compass, have, suck in, perceive, infer, immerse, acclimatize, tumble, adapt, acculturate, know, view, draw, cognize, register, consume, bring in, engage, stay down, dig, bracket, behold, sop up, acceptance, pull in, compare, slang, drink, conform, measure, apprehend, parallel, equate, accustom, down, burn, imbibe, take over, fool, metabolise, realise, soak, seize, integrate, catch on, ingestion, put on, incorporate, go down, gain, absorption, take up, gather in, put one over, appreciate, match, see, gull, conceptualize, absorb, make out, cod, analogize, appraise, plunge, communal, suck up.
- "The Chautauqua Girls At Home", Pansy, AKA Isabella M. Alden.
- "Equality", Edward Bellamy.
- "Personality in Literature", Rolfe Arnold Scott-James.