Definition of bewildered:
deep in thought, helpless, garbled, upset, disconnected, befogged, muzzy, perplexed, woolly, scattered, wooly, mazed, disoriented, preoccupied, disjointed, illogical, bemused, unconnected, befuddled, disordered, at sea, addled, woolly-headed, baffled, confused, mixed-up, lost, broken, wooly-minded, confounded, missed, muddled.
- amazed (part of speech: verb)
confused (part of speech: verb)
- in a dither,
- lost in the fog,
- bowled over,
- up in the air,
- all balled up,
- taken aback,
- struck speechless,
- put out of countenance,
- going around in circles,
- off the track,
- at a loss,
- struck dumb,
- come unstuck,
- in a stew,
- all hot and bothered
- wondered (part of speech: verb)
- astonished (part of speech: adjective)
- "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1905 to 1906", Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- "Walking-Stick Papers", Robert Cortes Holliday.
- "The Testing of Diana Mallory", Mrs. Humphry Ward.