Definition of capricious:
off-the-wall, impulsive, gonzo, temperamental, impetuous, unprompted, driving, whimsical, freaky, unsteady, bizarre, tearaway, flakey, flaky, ticklish, continue, outlandish, unstable, freakish, surprise, outre, change, arbitrary, brainish, madcap, hotheaded, fantastic, fantastical, study at inconstant, unpredictable, mercurial.
- capricious (part of speech: adjective)
irresolute (part of speech: adjective)
- motiveless (part of speech: adjective)
- irregular (part of speech: adjective)
- "Amarilly of Clothes-line Alley", Belle K. Maniates.
- "Calvary Alley", Alice Hegan Rice.
There are amateur collectors who know more about book- binding, than even certain good workmen; but there are also others, of a capricious taste, who are rather likely to lead half- instructed workmen astray, than to put them in the proper road.- "A Bibliographical, Antiquarian and Picturesque Tour in France and Germany, Volume Two", Thomas Frognall Dibdin.