Definition of carob:
- An evergreen leguminous tree ( Ceratania Siliqua) found in the countries bordering the Mediterranean; the St. John's bread; - called also carob tree.
- One of the long, sweet, succulent, pods of the carob tree, which are used as food for animals and sometimes eaten by man; - called also St. John's bread, carob bean, and algaroba bean.
- "The Sea: Its Stirring Story of Adventure, Peril, & Heroism. Volume 1", Frederick Whymper.
- "Georgian Poetry 1920-22", Various.
- "Old Calabria", Norman Douglas.