Definition of carry:
- A tract of land, over which boats or goods are carried between two bodies of navigable water; a carrying place; a portage.
- To act as a bearer; to convey anything; as, to fetch and carry.
- To bear ( one's self); to behave, to conduct or demean; - with the reflexive pronouns.
- To bear or uphold successfully through conflict, as a leader or principle; hence, to succeed in, as in a contest; to bring to a successful issue; to win; as, to carry an election.
- To bear the charges or burden of holding or having, as stocks, merchandise, etc., from one time to another; as, a merchant is carrying a large stock; a farm carries a mortgage; a broker carries stock for a customer; to carry a life insurance.
- To contain; to comprise; to bear the aspect of ; to show or exhibit; to imply.
- To convey by extension or continuance; to extend; as, to carry the chimney through the roof; to carry a road ten miles farther.
- To convey or transport in any manner from one place to another; to bear; - often with away or off.
- To get possession of by force; to capture.
- To have earth or frost stick to the feet when running, as a hare.
- To have or hold as a burden, while moving from place to place; to have upon or about one's person; to bear; as, to carry a wound; to carry an unborn child.
- To have propulsive power; to propel; as, a gun or mortar carries well.
- To hold the head; - said of a horse; as, to carry well i. e., to hold the head high, with arching neck.
- To move; to convey by force; to impel; to conduct; to lead or guide.
- To transfer from one place ( as a country, book, or column) to another; as, to carry the war from Greece into Asia; to carry an account to the ledger; to carry a number in adding figures.
give tongue to, harbor, postulate, drop, quit, hold out, channelise, electrify, acquit, curb, stockpile, comprise, mob, transmit, displace, get across, necessitate, drive, verbalise, moderate, need, conceive, keep back, win, look at, persuade, concur, pass, persist, book, extradite, race, behave, support, direct, select, die hard, state, stretch out, rock, jam, backpack, lift, press out, tote, have a bun in the oven, transplant, pick out, make, lug, waft, shoulder, fly the coop, occupy, break away, pay, reach, ask, put out, relocate, tamp down, take in, drool, agree, hunt, be given, contain, buy in, hire, work, hold, get hold of, excited, draw out, stand, mail, get, sustain, lam, exhibit, birth, subscribe to, retain, schlep, be exuberant, pile, compact, contribute, nurse, defeat, shoot, function, adopt, import, guide, consume, obligate, exile, conduct, hold up, read, stretch forth, give birth, stick out, bear, contract, owned, drip, filter, control, cover, exsert, subscribe, check, stock up, take away, run for, ingest, incorporate, communicate, head for the hills, take up, ply, assoil, sway, ladder, bundle, stake, bunk, utter, accommodate, tell, fill, rent, range, put up, take over, add, start, poke out, throng, express, evince, lend, accept, show, report, consort, ravish, abide, keep, take on, withdraw, display, exonerate, take for, stomach, tend, harbour, swing, black market, apply, comport, accompanied, stock, deem, unfold, hunt down, melt down, do, be, beam, get excited, aim, excite, prevail, concord, canalize, trickle, lead, strike, tolerate, use up, deal in, brand, incline, execute, play, demean, obtain, suffer, escape, uphold, expand, take to the woods, engage, gallop, arrest, deal, enrapture, delight, conceptualise, leave, carry on, track down, yield, post, over, have, take, choose, digest, go for, go, strain, learn, sprout, enchant, turn out, unravel, convoy, campaign, ferry, reach out, endure, deport, train, bestow, study, gestate, submit, adjudge, sell, oblige, hold back, strengthen, succeed, throw, lease, view as, film, brook, shake, dribble, give, relay, have got, load down, bind, channel, channelize, consider, broaden, bleed, require, convey, assume, await, pass on, act, enthral, clear, allow, call for, confine, widen, continue, demand, protract, exculpate, course, operate, drivel, defend, take hold, break, expatriate, turn back, extend, thrill, exact, claim, look, scat, declare, broadcast, portage, disclose, entail, involve, wear, run, guard, restrain, pack, acquire, knowledge, hold in, defy, anticipate, be zealous, verbalize, freight, hightail it, feed, charter, expect, entertain, slaver, scarper, maintain, spread, stretch, turn tail, canalise, halt, air, conceptualize, station, extract, prolong, run away, offer, lean, place, provide, tamp, enthrall, stop, wad, slobber, take aim, withstand, discharge, possess, reserve, melt, admit, slabber, flow, wait.
- bring (part of speech: verb)
- ship (part of speech: verb)
- carry (part of speech: verb)