Definition of cessation:
lapse, wind-up, boundary, shutdown, arrest, consummation, effect, shutoff, discontinuation, continue, outcome, surcease, tip, ashtray, expiry, fulfilment, design, offset, arrestment, habit, light up, nicotine gum, check, cutoff, cold turkey, goal, closedown, achievement, cut-off, chain-smoke, point, utmost, stopping point, stop, drag, cease, result, consequence, uttermost, end of the line, draw, intent, extent, bound, extremity, draw on, wrap-up, issue, limit, purpose, terminus.
- death (part of speech: noun)
- cessation (part of speech: noun)
- end (part of speech: noun)
- resignation (part of speech: noun)
- stop (part of speech: verb)
- "Plutarch-Lives-of-the-noble-Grecians-and-Romans", Clough, Arthur Hugh.
- "The Iron Woman", Margaret Deland.
- "The Burning Spear", John Galsworthy.