Definition of clod:
- A dull, gross, stupid fellow; a dolt
- A lump or mass, especially of earth, turf, or clay.
- A part of the shoulder of a beef creature, or of the neck piece near the shoulder. See Illust. of Beef.
- That which is earthy and of little relative value, as the body of man in comparison with the soul.
- The ground; the earth; a spot of earth or turf.
- To collect into clods, or into a thick mass; to coagulate; to clot; as, clodded gore. See Clot.
- To pelt with clods.
- To throw violently; to hurl.
musket ball, hood, glob, lout, numskull, landsman, clustering, palooka, clunk, ball, clump, clay, bunch, ballock, thud, testis, orchis, chump, ability, swelling, lump, thump, thug, cluster, wad, tough, testicle, hunch, chunk, bollock, hoodlum, DUMBO, lubber, gawk, earth, soil, mass, gob, toughie, lummox, globe, goon, oaf, puffiness, landlubber, part, nut, strong-armer, egg, formal, boor, orb, stumblebum, thumping, thickhead, dummkopf, hunk, punk, nugget, klutz.
- bungler (part of speech: noun)
- ignoramus (part of speech: noun)
- fool (part of speech: noun)
- "Simon Dale", Anthony Hope.
Even when I aimed at the one I wasn't after I couldn't hit the other one, though I did make some close shots, for I saw the black blot of the clod sail right into the midst of the golden clusters forty or fifty times, just barely missing them, and if I could have held out a little longer maybe I could have got one.- "Eve's Diary, Part 1", Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens).
- "The Nameless Castle", Maurus Jókai.