Definition of code:
- A body of law, sanctioned by legislation, in which the rules of law to be specifically applied by the courts are set forth in systematic form; a compilation of laws by public authority; a digest.
- Any system of rules or regulations relating to one subject; as, the medical code, a system of rules for the regulation of the professional conduct of physicians; the naval code, a system of rules for making communications at sea means of signals.
law, cipher, encrypt, scratch, command, encode, regulation, engrave, calculate, enroll, codification, write in code, language, compute, polity, digest, figure, formula, cypher, enter, computer code, enrol, mandate, reckon, principles, jurisprudence, recruit, grave, economy, canon, key, encipher, system, legislation, autograph, commandment, work out, decree, enactment, order, inscribe, statute.
- instruction (part of speech: noun)
- secret (part of speech: noun)
- "Ways of Nature", John Burroughs.
- "Betty Wales Freshman", Edith K. Dunton.
- "The Silent Places", Steward Edward White.