Definition of confident:
self-asserting, convinced, cocksure, presumptuous, sure-footed, implicit, self-assured, self-possessed, self-possessed, sure, self-sufficient, belief, certain, self-confident, assured, overconfident, undoubting, surefooted, satisfied, capable, dignified, footsure, self-reliant, forceful, unquestioning, secure, attitude, sanguine, assertive, unfalteringly, positive, reassured.
- brave (part of speech: adjective)
- proud (part of speech: adjective)
- trusting (part of speech: adjective)
- certain (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Enchanted April", Elizabeth von Arnim.
- "Scenes of Clerical Life", George Eliot.
- "Guy Garrick", Arthur B. Reeve.