Definition of contradictory:
mutually exclusive, theoretical, converse, nonconformist, hostile, antonymic, metaphysical, strange, distant, antonymous, utopian, diametric, support, inappropriate, central, diametrical, conflicting, confounding, antipodean, at odds, antipodal, unconnected, unsupportive, conceptual, opposite, inconsistent, deterministic, incompatible, opposed, foreign, reverse, antithetical, polar, self-contradictory, contrasted, impertinent, popular, irrelevant, remote, abstract, counter, orthodox.
- counter-evidential (part of speech: adjective)
absurd (part of speech: adjective)
- counteractive (part of speech: adjective)
- different (part of speech: adjective)
- oppositional (part of speech: adjective)
When we come to study the details of the story, we shall see that this, the Prussian defeat at Ligny, was thus incomplete because one of Napoleon's subordinates, Erlon, with the First French Army Corps, received contradictory orders and did not come up as he should have done to turn the battle of Ligny into a decisive victory for Napoleon.- "Waterloo", Hilaire Belloc.
- "A Singer from the Sea", Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr.
- "The Ethnology of the British Islands", Robert Gordon Latham.