Definition of disperse:
- To distribute wealth; to share one's abundance with others.
- To scatter abroad; to drive to different parts; to distribute; to diffuse; to spread; as, the Jews are dispersed among all nations.
- To scatter, so as to cause to vanish; to dissipate; as, to disperse vapors.
- To separate; to go or move into different parts; to vanish; as, the company dispersed at ten o'clock; the clouds disperse.
fritter away, rise, dissipate, adjourn, pass around, break down, fan out, chase away, penetrate, splay, spread, permeate, circularise, dust, give out, scatter, fool away, dole out, dismantle, sever, splosh, patter, riddle, fool, decompose, hand out, splash, shoot, collect, overspread, split up, rotate, lift, unfold, cut off, broadcast, resolve, interrupt, circle, besprinkle, imbue, deal, send, mete out, beam, diffuse, pervade, stud, open, dish out, drive away, mobilise, parcel out, turn out, propagate, administer, crack, transmit, dispel, fragment, crash, turn back, spit, interpenetrate, fritter, crock up, spatter, distribute, take apart, disseminate, shell out, allot, lot, frivol away, pass on, string out, expand, drive out, air, circulate, move, collapse, break apart, wide, pick, fragmentise, mobilize, sprinkle, pitter-patter, stagger, disassemble, go around, deal out, crack up, fragmentize, calve, pass out, circularize, dot, constellate, recess, spread out, strew, part, sparge, run off, break-up, drive off, disrupt.
- disperse (part of speech: verb)
- loosen (part of speech: verb)
- scatter (part of speech: verb)
- diverge (part of speech: verb)
- "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War", G. F. R. Henderson.
- "The Disturbing Charm", Berta Ruck.
- "The Head Hunters of Northern Luzon From Ifugao to Kalinga A Ride Through the Mountains of Northern Luzon With an Appendix on the Independence of the Philippines", Cornelis De Witt Willcox.