Definition of distinct:
- Distinguished; having the difference marked; separated by a visible sign; marked out; specified.
- Marked; variegated.
- Not identical; different; individual.
- Separate in place; not conjunct; not united by growth or otherwise; - with from.
- So separated as not to be confounded with any other thing; not liable to be misunderstood; not confused; well- defined; clear; as, we have a distinct or indistinct view of a prospect.
- To distinguish.
chiseled, separated, perspicuous, clear, patent, limpid, unquestionable, translucent, crystalline, decided, noticeable, clean-cut, diaphanous, several, knifelike, transparent, separate, pellucid, lucid, definite, straightforward, trenchant, intelligible, outlined, audible, distinguishable, unmistakable, crystal clear, searching, razor-sharp, distinguished, crisp, hard-hitting, clear-cut, different, same, unadorned, discrete, sharp, certain, unambiguous, see, unequivocal, explicit, well-defined, defined, pronounced.
- dissimilar (part of speech: adjective)
- diverse (part of speech: adjective)
- different (part of speech: adjective)
- separate (part of speech: adjective)
- visible (part of speech: adjective)
- unequal (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Handbook of Health", Woods Hutchinson.
- "The Gay Cockade", Temple Bailey.
- "The Great Musicians: Rossini and His School", Henry Sutherland Edwards.