Definition of drab:
- A drab color.
- A dull brownish yellow or dull gray color.
- A kind of thick woolen cloth of a dun, or dull brownish yellow, or dull gray, color; - called also drabcloth.
- A lewd wench; a strumpet.
- A low, sluttish woman.
- A wooden box, used in salt works for holding the salt when taken out of the boiling pans.
- Of a color between gray and brown.
- To associate with strumpets; to wench.
inconsolable, dismal, colors, macabre, olive-drab uniform, no-account, flavorless, dispirited, lamentable, sober, good-for-naught, downhearted, uninspired, aristocratic, stodgy, relentless, coloured, bad, moody, somber, morose, blue, melancholy, juicy, sorry, unappeasable, risque, distressing, inexorable, serious, arid, gamy, naughty, blasphemous, solemn, depressed, pitiful, sick, regretful, excite, sinister, dingy, sullen, dour, colourless, drear, deplorable, down, spicy, pedestrian, lifeless, unconsolable, low-spirited, blue-blooded, black, gruesome, no-count, dim, unimaginative, unplayful, downcast, gamey, gloomful, sad, dark, stern, benighted, muddy, sulky, aseptic, racy, murky, spiritless, grungy, meritless, patrician, disconsolate, mordant, unrelenting, dreary, grim, ghastly, dry, earthbound, grave, glowering, low, non-white, gloomy, dark-skinned, sour, uncheerful, matter-of-fact, aristocratical, dull, saturnine, gentle, prosaic, lusterless, forbidding, sedate, cheerless, grisly, olive-drab, dirty, begrimed, sombre, bluish, profane, grubby, grimy, blueish, unforgiving, raunchy, colorless, puritanic, good-for-nothing, muddied, glum, sterile, glooming, puritanical, down in the mouth, lackluster, no-good, flat, obscure.
- brown (part of speech: adjective)
- gray (part of speech: adjective)
- unfashionable (part of speech: adjective)
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- "Studies of American Fungi. Mushrooms, Edible, Poisonous, etc.", George Francis Atkinson.
But contrary to the custom of men of his profession, the worthy proprietor seemed not to notice them, so busy was he talking with a tall, sallow man, wrapped in a drab- colored cloak like an owl buried in his feathers.- "Marguerite de Valois", Alexandre Dumas.
- "A Letter of Credit", Susan Warner.