Definition of encouraging:
heartening, lucky, auspicious, rallying, supporting, promotive, favourable, inspiriting, help, exhortative, hortative, propitious, supportive, favorable, prosperous, likely, exhortatory, load-bearing, hortatory.
- facilitating (part of speech: verb)
bright (part of speech: adjective)
motivating (part of speech: verb)
- promising (part of speech: adjective)
- aiding (part of speech: verb)
- cheering (part of speech: verb)
- advising (part of speech: verb)
- "Dutch Fairy Tales for Young Folks", William Elliot Griffis.
- "The Eustace Diamonds", Anthony Trollope.
- "The Chief Legatee", Anna Katharine Green.