Definition of evening:
day, good afternoon, autumn, blind date, competition, coffee klatch, afterglow, do, drivetime, company, graveyard shift, daytime, afterlife, hello, eve, bedtime, darkness, closing time, good day, evenfall, start, crepuscule, eventide, afternoon, dinnertime, daylight, even, good morning, hey, event, all right, black tie, afternoons, dinner table, hi, gloaming, curfew, pleased to meet you, dinner party, good evening, hiya, fringe, nightfall.
- flattening (part of speech: verb)
- smoothing (part of speech: verb)
- night (part of speech: noun)
- "The Parisians, Book 11.", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "The Triumph of Hilary Blachland", Bertram Mitford.
- "The Hour and the Man An Historical Romance", Harriet Martineau.