Definition of foreboding:
boding, antepast, portentous, prediction, portent, hunch, foretaste, prophetical, prophecy, foresight, forecast, fateful, gathering clouds, prevision, storm clouds, presentiment, sign, thundercloud, forethought, hope, premonition, prophetic.
- expectation (part of speech: noun)
- threat (part of speech: noun)
- threatening (part of speech: verb)
- expecting (part of speech: verb)
- "Sara, a Princess", Fannie E. Newberry.
- "The Two Destinies", Wilkie Collins.
- "The Bars of Iron", Ethel May Dell.