Definition of founder:
- A lameness in the foot of a horse, occasioned by inflammation; closh.
- An inflammatory fever of the body, or acute rheumatism; as, chest founder. See Chest ffounder.
- One who founds, establishes, and erects; one who lays a foundation; an author; one from whom anything originates; one who endows.
- One who founds; one who casts metals in various forms; a caster; as, a founder of cannon, bells, hardware, or types.
- To become filled with water, and sink, as a ship.
- To cause internal inflammation and soreness in the feet or limbs of ( a horse), so as to disable or lame him.
- To fail; to miscarry.
- To fall; to stumble and go lame, as a horse.
erupt, break-dance, present, breach, conk out, break down, novice, constitute, dock, go bad, establisher, stop, begetter, discover, give way, dedicate, generate, cast off, demote, don, fall apart, pass, violate, crack, rise, bump, chip in, infract, cave in, crash, miss, fall flat, fail, die, discontinue, generator, go into, tiro, offend, pass on, break, submerse, damp, heel, expose, turn over, make, break away, split up, let on, bust, leave, prime mover, crumble, better, instituter, disclose, inaugurator, initiator, give away, snap off, let out, capsize, reach, render, develop, devote, pay, bankrupt, ruin, grant, sink, get out, go about, start up, hand, recrudesce, fall in, fizzle, hold, unwrap, smash, heave to, backfire, break off, break up, set up, relegate, crock up, yield, kick in, burst, weaken, apply, go, father, ease up, pause, impart, break in, move over, fall through, tyro, commit, fracture, gift, crumple, separate, dampen, break out, transgress, crack up, start, founding father, patron, found, establish, hydroplane, get together, come about, return, kick downstairs, incorporate, join, throw, laminitis, bomb, contribute, submerge, consecrate, move into, open, wear out, bring out, get around, part, languish, come apart, sacrifice, have, divulge, soften, feed, beginner, afford, give, reveal, check, tumble, go against, give out, intermit, flop, interrupt, collapse, wear, split, initiate, male parent, ground.
- paternity (part of speech: noun)
- precursor (part of speech: noun)
- "Acres of Diamonds", Russell H. Conwell.
- "Common Diseases of Farm Animals", R. A. Craig, D. V. M..
- "Modern Saints and Seers", Jean Finot.