Definition of fritter:
- A fragment; a shred; a small piece.
- A small quantity of batter, fried in boiling lard or in a frying pan. Fritters are of various kinds, named from the substance inclosed in the batter; as, apple fritters, clam fritters, oyster fritters.
- To break into small pieces or fragments.
- To cut, as meat, into small pieces, for frying.
film, buck, pip, sprout, put one over, dart, beignet, gull, break up, arse around, befool, fritter away, hit, scud, fool around, disperse, horse around, inject, batter cake, bourgeon, cod, pullulate, snap, scoot, dash, fool away, fool, germinate, frivol away, take, pancake, dupe, put on, spud, dispel, scatter, shoot, burgeon forth, dissipate, shoot down, put one across, photograph, blast, slang, tear, flash, take in, charge, spread out.
- "Princess Maritza", Percy Brebner.
- "Can You Forgive Her?", Anthony Trollope.
- "Carnival", Compton Mackenzie.