Definition of go:
- A circumstance or occurrence; an incident.
- A glass of spirits.
- Act; working; operation.
- Noisy merriment; as, a high go.
- Power of going or doing; energy; vitality; perseverance; push; as, there is no go in him.
- Something that goes or is successful; a success; as, he made a go of it; also, an agreement.
- That condition in the course of the game when a player can not lay down a card which will not carry the aggregate count above thirty- one.
- The fashion or mode; as, quite the go.
- To apply one's self; to set one's self; to undertake.
- To be passed on fron one to another; to pass; to circulate; hence, with for, to have currency; to be taken, accepted, or regarded.
- To be with young; to be pregnant; to gestate.
- To bet or wager; as, I'll go you a shilling.
- To have recourse; to resort; as, to go to law.
- To move from the person speaking, or from the point whence the action is contemplated; to pass away; to leave; to depart; - in opposition to stay and come.
- To move upon the feet, or step by step; to walk; also, to walk step by step, or leisurely.
- To pass away; to depart forever; to be lost or ruined; to perish; to decline; to decease; to die.
- To pass from one place to another; to be in motion; to be in a state not motionless or at rest; to proceed; to advance; to make progress; -- used, in various applications, of the movement of both animate and inanimate beings, by whatever means, and also of the movements of the mind; also figuratively applied.
- To proceed by a mental operation; to pass in mind or by an act of the memory or imagination; - generally with over or through.
- To proceed or happen in a given manner; to fare; to move on or be carried on; to have course; to come to an issue or result; to succeed; to turn out.
- To proceed or tend toward a result, consequence, or product; to tend; to conduce; to be an ingredient; to avail; to apply; to contribute; - often with the infinitive; as, this goes to show.
- To reach; to extend; to lead; as, a line goes across the street; his land goes to the river; this road goes to New York.
- To take, as a share in an enterprise; to undertake or become responsible for; to bear a part in.
bugger off, go by, approach, meld, broaden, work on, perish, run down, survive, get around, go out, offering, dwell, cover, laissez passer, succeed, jibe, go game, decline, bear, hold up, separate, mould, a-okay, go against, tumble, give off, sound, bulge, be, pass on, poke out, raptus, break out, take off, better, jaunt, bring, go wrong, transcend, bunk, lead off, conform to, belong, agree, give way, kick the bucket, collapse, pass off, get moving, twirl, operate on, jump, pause, come off, strangle, gnarl, get rolling, ex, conduct, permit, cave in, puzzle, exit, fracture, faint, outlive, baffle, despoil, back up, result, plump down, intermit, incline, prevail, split, defy, pose, occur, extend, spree, cash in one's chips, fatten up, live on, cultivate, lump, patch, campaign, engage, resort, authorise, tenner, offer, vary, cut out, walk, fatten, come through, circuit, widen, stretch forth, accord, initiate, bout, transport, excrete, blend in, legislate, break off, go forth, exercise, arrive, consort, let on, scrag, gamble, overtake, stall, agree with, intermingle, act upon, emit, draw out, ladder, delay, pall, turn over, get off, play, pull round, puzzle out, ransack, flush it, function, throttle, disclose, poop out, ecstasy, be given, embark on, trance, range, direct, carry, shove off, hold water, peter out, hand out, receive, take leave, unravel, tolerate, go across, get away, pass away, eliminate, violate, immix, cranny, go away, soften, according to certain criteria, make for, protract, turn of events, enlistment, terminate, used, match, drop dead, belong to, weaken, guide, conclude, slide by, act, egest, merge, clog up, mother, strait, hitch, round, get under one's skin, scissure, hightail it, passing play, get going, passing game, enchantment, gravel, kick off, damp, become, clear, go past, populate, recrudesce, make, chair, decease, demote, last, pass by, devolve, dissect, decade, apply, hunt down, get down, analyze, bankrupt, continue, lapse, mesh, mystify, congest, crush, change, persevere, passport, brook, deviate, lock, cristal, originate, commence, turn tail, come out, toss, ease up, sally, manoeuver, conk out, fall apart, snap off, pass along, catch, take up, operate, happen, immingle, duty tour, vex, pass, come, pay back, digress, lead, chap, run for, turning, lose it, fleet, hug drug, crumble, plop, head for the hills, return, have, kick in, outlast, lick, push on, grumble, divulge, accept, knead, equip, flump, impress, bet, expand, meet, remove, gallop, lean, proceed, scram, strike, by general standards, digest, pay off, brave, decompose, plump out, compared, father, incur, prolong, put across, protrude, wisecrack, fat, die out, reave, put out, induce, stop, founder, transpire, flesh out, top, become flat, exhale, inhabit, transgress, form, perplex, smash, start, convolution, number, mutter, dumbfound, run low, scat, burst, make it, post, swoon, find, set off, base on balls, demise, plump, grow, plunk down, click, outfit, vocalise, swirl, bring out, sour, crop, drop, take to the woods, murmur, snap, move over, bust, get out, authorize, qualifying, be active, blend, contract, explosion, do work, go over, suit, gibe, exsert, solve, track down, moderate, get started, strip, take, work, boom, bring forth, go through, glide by, bleed, stand, fill out, give away, give out, advance, ply, kick downstairs, straits, fetch, bewilder, correspond, strike out, check out, accommodate, clog, combine, pop out, liberty chit, set forth, suffer, fall out, run short, rapture, good turn, reopen, split up, generate, score, break-dance, croak, harmonize, dampen, bomb, pop, die hard, wear out, tally, fail, experience, put up, melt down, flux, cronk, locomote, hunt, progress, sidetrack, communicate, run, breathe out, conk, exploit, yield, flummox, suffocate, abide, commotion, exist, fix, straggle, while, tend, intermix, stretch out, blow, a-ok, wear, loot, make a motion, plunk, exceed, draw, depart, bit, work out, flunk, swallow, fissure, serve, gag, affect, weather, crook, increase, stretch, conduce, pull through, gap, carry on, maneuver, rifle, begin, hap, go on, scarper, cause, erupt, expire, black market, retire, slip away, interrupt, stick out, blow over, die, asphyxiate, sustain, ferment, piece, manoeuvre, fatten out, pass out, foul, start up, lay, gambling, thrive, stick, unwrap, shape, vocalize, ten, break up, voice, overhaul, succumb, distribute, bestir oneself, hazard, race, foray, propel, capture, stupefy, unfold, go forward, wager, journey, displace, bend, aim, fit out, bye, twisting, twist, fling, feed, go bad, let, term of enlistment, break in, live, in comparison with other things, put, resist, magical spell, give, head, consume, breach, neglect, bump, spread, pillage, fare, quip, nonplus, choke, convey, disco biscuit, drive, snuff it, flourish, travel, acquire, go along, crevice, incite, spoil, take apart, engender, miscarry, stifle, break away, passing, refer, sire, flip, plummet, support, wend, time, endure, make pass, tour, bulge out, know, order, routine, shot, venture, turn, fit, spell, brave out, bid, pull up stakes, escape, spend, finish, pull out, fly the coop, precede, participate, beget, mountain pass, stomach, magic spell, mix, motivate, move, hold, ruin, set out, mold, figure out, get cracking, tour of duty, come about, maintain, set about, whirl, notch, break down, spin, buckle, move around, push off, analyse, stand firm, plunder, reveal, discontinue, amaze, fret, buy the farm, conflate, fall in, strain, appeal, betray, hand, keep, run away, process, come apart, tornado, stand up, worsen, break, contest, reach, fall, stick up, give-up the ghost, plonk, buzz off, subsist, contribute, hold out, lam, stimulate, commingle, wreak, cleft, exaltation, obtain, get, perform, fathom, stake, allow, choke off, pan out, travel by, fuse, withstand, crack, offend, prompt, elapse, execute, forge, surpass, prosper, slip by, crack cocaine, trip, produce, infract, develop, risk, cracking, diverge, persist, charm, conform, beat, take place, plank, let out, check, put to work, get weaving, pop off, start out, repair, run out, mix in, coalesce, crumple, bug out, control, overstep, expose, startle, relegate, influence, officiate, detain, arrest, vortex, discover, reach out.
- depart (part of speech: verb)
- move (part of speech: verb)
- disappear (part of speech: verb)