Definition of hand:
- A bundle of tobacco leaves tied together.
- A gambling game played by American Indians, consisting of guessing the whereabouts of bits of ivory or the like, which are passed rapidly from hand to hand.
- A limb of certain animals, as the foot of a hawk, or any one of the four extremities of a monkey.
- A measure equal to a hand's breadth, - four inches; a palm. Chiefly used in measuring the height of horses.
- Actual performance; deed; act; workmanship; agency; hence, manner of performance.
- Agency in transmission from one person to another; as, to buy at first hand, that is, from the producer, or when new; at second hand, that is, when no longer in the producer's hand, or when not new.
- An agent; a servant, or laborer; a workman, trained or competent for special service or duty; a performer more or less skillful; as, a deck hand; a farm hand; an old hand at speaking.
- An index or pointer on a dial; as, the hour or minute hand of a clock.
- Handwriting; style of penmanship; as, a good, bad or running hand. Hence, a signature.
- Personal possession; ownership; hence, control; direction; management; - usually in the plural.
- Power of performance; means of execution; ability; skill; dexterity.
- Rate; price.
- Side; part; direction, either right or left.
- That part of the fore limb below the forearm or wrist in man and monkeys, and the corresponding part in many other animals; manus; paw. See Manus.
- That which is, or may be, held in a hand at once
- That which resembles, or to some extent performs the office of, a human hand
- The quota of cards received from the dealer.
- The small part of a gunstock near the lock, which is grasped by the hand in taking aim.
- To cooperate.
- To furl; - said of a sail.
- To give, pass, or transmit with the hand; as, he handed them the letter.
- To lead, guide, or assist with the hand; to conduct; as, to hand a lady into a carriage.
- To manage; as, I hand my oar.
- To pledge by the hand; to handfast.
- To seize; to lay hands on.
lift, graphology, breadwinner, boo, farmhand, slip away, bowl over, guru, bellow, meister, buzz, arm, boost, paw, delve, turn over, knack, ability, merit, egest, exit, cave in, afford, get hold of, give-up the ghost, put across, illiterate, evanesce, give way, debate, go, calf, submit, make it, impart, succor, minute hand, index, mass, break in, return, fiend, backing, maestro, proficient, cowhand, take place, turn, gift, dummy, elapse, operative, buccaneer, sharp, cluck, ankle, assistance, abetment, LCD, sink, leave, playscript, go along, hour hand, hireling, game, extend to, flip over, extend, perish, crew, collapse, progress to, gain, mickle, go by, dealer, grand slam, shark, apply, snuff it, angle, excrete, commuter, croak, break, fin, roustabout, go past, indicator, progress, Bronx cheer, fall out, moot, sight, softwood, tidy sum, accomplish, movement, skill, hook, geek, sacrifice, render, grasp, desk person, overstep, grant, dedicate, slip by, kick in, ovation, strive, buy the farm, crotch, hit, authorise, virtuoso, pass, travel by, full house, touch, business deal, advantage, cards, fist, passel, appendage, brrr, good, bosun, needle, workingman, career woman, tip over, transcend, bridle, transmit, originally, top, founder, move over, get through, assist, hired man, feed, cattleman, jobholder, quite a little, designated hitter, glide by, duty officer, farmer, call, cursive, arch, fob, leg up, edge, scholar, equestrian, draw, march on, handwritten, hand over, contribute, pass off, praise, mountain, workman, perspective, mint, script, manus, pass away, make pass, virtue, mess, workingwoman, flip, yield, slide by, slew, bridge player, benefit, company, frame of reference, hap, ball, great deal, drop dead, directly, legislate, ace, past master, pass around, applause, devolve, master, clubfoot, deliberate, upset, LED, pass by, peck, spate, trade, pass on, praise, regard, pass along, penmanship, cut into, generate, choke, armpit, bargain, reach, grip, get to, devote, pay, flock, go through, hatful, connoisseur, contribution, palm, dial, crewman, decipher, bid, dig, lavish, advance, crackerjack, whiz, distribute, authorize, pot, cap'n, hired hand, aspect, make, fall, crabbed, side, dismount, pile, gallop, surpass, facet, flush, contact, captain, establish, commit, lot, adept, crystal, incentive, run, clap, lead, retainer, arrive at, move on, round, communicate, die, dab, big toe, knock over, fall in, conk, deal, consecrate, flank, place, expire, dab hand, attain, hands, fade, good deal, longhand, roll, raft, buddy system, hold, happen, autograph, buckaroo, working girl, helping hand, occur, wizard, cowgirl, cowboy, circulate, cowpoke, wad, calligraphy, artist, overturn, boatswain, muckle, John Hancock, work, maven, privilege, dirt farmer, respect, ancillary, handwriting, come about, light, cognoscente, guide, canter, fleet, go on, control, grunt, blow over, consider, boatman, field hand, cooperation, plenty, relegate, asset, ovation, part with, original, support, phase, eliminate, lapse, apparatchik, baseball glove, baseball mitt, hotshot, stack, batch, heap, exceed, present, bareback, bequeath, glove, relief, a good/bad turn, mitt, cash in one's chips, decease, trump card, strain, throw, book, have, catcall, tump over, chip in, spend, ease up, groom, overtake, workwoman, give, plaudit, service, hand down, enjoyment, achieve, go across, kick the bucket, pop off, open, authority, reach out, keeping, face, clear, docker, overhaul.
- aid (part of speech: verb)
- servant (part of speech: noun)