Definition of heart:
- A hollow, muscular organ, which, by contracting rhythmically, keeps up the circulation of the blood.
- A term of affectionate or kindly and familiar address.
- Courage; courageous purpose; spirit.
- One of a series of playing cards, distinguished by the figure or figures of a heart; as, hearts are trumps.
- That which resembles a heart in shape; especially, a roundish or oval figure or object having an obtuse point at one end, and at the other a corresponding indentation, - used as a symbol or representative of the heart.
- The nearest the middle or center; the part most hidden and within; the inmost or most essential part of any body or system; the source of life and motion in any organization; the chief or vital portion; the center of activity, or of energetic or efficient action; as, the heart of a country, of a tree, etc.
- The seat of the affections or sensibilities, collectively or separately, as love, hate, joy, grief, courage, and the like; rarely, the seat of the understanding or will; -- usually in a good sense, when no epithet is expressed; the better or lovelier part of our nature; the spring of all our actions and purposes; the seat of moral life and character; the moral affections and character itself; the individual disposition and character; as, a good, tender, loving, bad, hard, or selfish heart.
- To form a compact center or heart; as, a hearting cabbage.
- To give heart to; to hearten; to encourage; to inspirit.
- Vigorous and efficient activity; power of fertile production; condition of the soil, whether good or bad.
- Vital part; secret meaning; real intention.
omphalos, heart and soul, daringness, sum total, capital, stub, bosom, snapper, skin, guts, stoutness, blood, centerfield, bottle, vegetable marrow, cynosure, basis, warmheartedness, affection, feeling, sprightliness, kernel, club, mood, join, gist, peel, bigheartedness, ground zero, punk, kindness, pecker, eye, meaning, bubble, fortitude, greatheartedness, crescent, pith, diamond, aorta, optic, total, soreness, brass, feel, centerpiece, mercy, front, coil, cheek, spunk, intestinal fortitude, deck, means, core group, aggregate, hardihood, affectionateness, mecca, spirit, seat, edge, abdomen, valiance, point, virtue, key, ruth, element, embrace, burning issue/question, intrepidness, nitty-gritty, marrow squash, charity, warmness, bravery, centre of attention, magnetic core, nexus, locus, oculus, bull's-eye, core, gravamen, doughtiness, midriff, the middle, sensation, tinder, flesh, gutsiness, breast, effect, shopping center, nub, fancy, spunkiness, pump, softheartedness, purport, sum of money, lovingness, message, totality, back, marrow, subject matter, center of gravity, courage, bleeding, bowl, flank, heartstrings, intent, bottom, chest, balloon, watch, quick, feelings, tenderheartedness, nervus, inside, knocker, fondness, nerve centre, cross section, ticker, essence, mall, kindliness, braveness, middle, house of cards, pluck, stuff, ABO system, pulp, perfume, stock ticker, centre, fear, clock, artery, boldness, nerve center, pluckiness, face card, belly button, net, staple, good-heartedness, daring, cob, center, start, frame of mind, commiseration, valor, humanity, navel, flavour, boob, look, philia, spear, belly, priority, stoutheartedness, touchwood, titty, atrium, heroism, girth, substance, kindling, organ, band, intrepidity, keynote, A, beat, concern, your inner self, bone, plaza, valiantness, content, compassion, bottom line, moxie, meat and potatoes, temper, amount of money, quintessence, liveliness, be, base, gut, union, largeheartedness, root, circle, ace, center field, gallantry, nerve, ball, body, feature, atheroma, cone, inner space, amount, shopping mall, center of attention, flavor, floret, inwardness, kindheartedness, gameness, anticoagulant, B, undercurrent, smell, bone marrow, disembodied spirit, tit, sum, tenderness, mettle, burden, tone, face, peelings, jack, deuce, warmth, summation, life, nubbin, headquarters, partiality, card, fearlessness, bulge, undauntedness, internality, shopping centre, passion, rawness, nubble, emotional state, meat, valiancy, courageousness, prowess, midsection, dauntlessness.
- feeling (part of speech: noun)
- focus (part of speech: noun)
- courage (part of speech: noun)
- inward (part of speech: adjective)
- suitable (part of speech: adjective)
- middle (part of speech: noun)