Definition of horizon:
- A plane parallel to the sensible horizon of a place, and passing through the earth's center; - called also rational celestial horizon.
- A plane passing through the eye of the spectator and at right angles to the vertical at a given place; a plane tangent to the earth's surface at that place; called distinctively the sensible horizon.
- The chief horizontal line in a picture of any sort, which determines in the picture the height of the eye of the spectator; in an extended landscape, the representation of the natural horizon corresponds with this line.
- The circle which bounds that part of the earth's surface visible to a spectator from a given point; the apparent junction of the earth and sky.
- The epoch or time during which a deposit was made.
- The unbroken line separating sky and water, as seen by an eye at a given elevation, no land being visible.
visible horizon, knowledge, aspect, range, skyline, extent, thought, sight, panorama, apparent horizon, ability, vista, purview, sensible horizon, boundary, azimuth, celestial horizon, prospect, range, limit, survey, eyeshot, compass, opinion, persuasion, perspective, border, view, scope, sentiment, scene, ken, position, reach.
- "Long Ago, Far Away", William Fitzgerald Jenkins AKA Murray Leinster.
- "Cord and Creese", James de Mille.
- "Journeys Through Bookland V2", Charles H. Sylvester.