Definition of It:
- As a demonstrative, especially at the beginning of a sentence, pointing to that which is about to be stated, named, or mentioned, or referring to that which apparent or well known; as, I saw it was John.
- As a substance for any noun of the neuter gender; as, here is the book, take it home.
- As a substitute for such general terms as, the state of affairs, the condition of things, and the like; as, how is it with the sick man?
- As an indefinite nominative for a impersonal verb; as, it snows; it rains.
- As an indefinite object after some intransitive verbs, or after a substantive used humorously as a verb; as, to foot it ( i. e., to walk).
- The neuter pronoun of the third person, corresponding to the masculine pronoun he and the feminine she, and having the same plural ( they, their or theirs, them).
this thing, background processing, that which, that, anyone, talent, lure, batch, experience, ability, gift, anybody, something, anything, glamor, the subject, proficiency, authoring, each other, charisma, aptitude, charm, alpha test, glitz, skill, mastery, the object, access time, AI, prowess, authentication, A-D conversion, one another, artificial intelligence, somebody, magnetism, good looks, character, competence, appeal, someone, this, aught, ABEND, allure.