Definition of L:
- A short right- angled pipe fitting, used in connecting two pipes at right angles.
- An elevated road; as, to ride on the L.
- An extension at right angles to the length of a main building, giving to the ground plan a form resembling the letter L; sometimes less properly applied to a narrower, or lower, extension in the direction of the length of the main building; a wing.
- As a numeral, stands for fifty in the English, as in the Latin language.
- Elevated; - a symbol for el. as an abbreviation of elevated in elevated road or railroad.
- Having the general shape of the ( capital) letter L; as, an beam, or L- beam.
- is the twelfth letter of the English alphabet, and a vocal consonant. It is usually called a semivowel or liquid.
the credits, Capt., h, Latinate, d, c, tank, Latin, mere, road test, apt., bpi, anon., g, v, fl. oz., cl., cubic decimeter, liter, S., Anglo-Saxon, cardinal, cc, lambert, Roman numeral, loch, centiliter, aside, f, e, reservoir, litre, millpond, lagoon, x, i, denouement, content, act, OS, acronym, AV, pond, Norse, driver's license, gallon, fluid ounce, centilitre, ad-lib, short, backstory, driving test, learner, the DMV, comic relief, decilitre, b, large, cubic decimetre, Old English, provisional licence, a, abbreviation, action, aitch, medium, driving school, cf., driving licence, Greek, fifty, Manx, water, XL, CCTV, learner's permit, lake, Persian, gal., 50, m, contrivance, ABC's, deciliter.