Definition of many:
a load of/loads of something, quantity, some, quite a few, umteen, mass, many a, folk, numerous, your fellow man/men, beaucoup, all manner of something, many an, many another, society, man, a lot/lots, the many, pile, humanity, abundance, individual, much, galore, a good/great deal of something, umpteen, myriad, people, human, big, person.
- frequent (part of speech: adjective)
- plural (part of speech: adjective)
numerous (part of speech: adjective)
- lousy with,
- in heaps,
- alive with,
- thick with,
- not a few,
- a world of,
- of every description,
- bursting out all over,
- no end of,
- no end to,
- "King--of the Khyber Rifles", Talbot Mundy.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Little Novels of Italy Madonna Of The Peach-Tree, Ippolita In The Hills, The Duchess Of Nona, Messer Cino And The Live Coal, The Judgment Of Borso", Maurice Henry Hewlett.