Definition of merry:
nipping, frosty, dashing, racy, comic, cheering, mirthful, prosperous, jolly, festal, felicitous, fresh, fantastic, dapper, risible, terrific, springy, awake, blithesome, boon, nippy, alive, snappish, blithe, resilient, jocund, spiffy, laughable, crisp, comical, lively, bouncing, jovial, gala, smiling, rejoiced, natty, marvellous, grand, zippy, dexterous, fortunate, joyous, rakish, watchful, vital, tonic, sprightly, howling, convivial, live, wondrous, enjoyable, festive, lucky, successful, braw, snappy, blessed, rapturous, energetic, bouncy, delighted, homophile, brave, spanking, wonderful, funny, whipping, peppy, blissful, raffish, rattling, gladsome, full of life, brisk, gay, refreshful, tremendous, alert, rejoicing, marvelous, bracing, spruce.
- amusing (part of speech: adjective)
- joyful (part of speech: adjective)
- cheerful (part of speech: adjective)
- "Journeys Through Bookland V2", Charles H. Sylvester.
- "Comic History of the United States", Bill Nye.
- "Flemish Legends", Charles de Coster.