Definition of moment:
- A minute portion of time; a point of time; an instant; as, at thet very moment.
- An essential element; a deciding point, fact, or consideration; an essential or influential circumstance.
- An infinitesimal change in a varying quantity; an increment or decrement.
- Importance, as in influence or effect; consequence; weight or value; consideration.
- Impulsive power; force; momentum.
- Tendency, or measure of tendency, to produce motion, esp. motion about a fixed point or axis.
morsel, importation, weightiness, big, min, arcminute, chip, here and now, significancy, minute of arc, upshot, time, scrap, fleck, signification, endorsement, opportunity, spot, arcsecond, s, flake, meaning, flash, minute, scope, choice, result, consequence, irregular, second, beat, shake, heartbeat, piece, chance, routine, act, bite, while, twinkling, present moment, implication, sec, crack, possibilities, short-term, import, importance, concernment, bout, jiff, atomic number 42, jiffy, New York minute, wink, significance, eyeblink, second gear, a bit, snatch, importee, split second, concern, aftermath, second base, turn, issue, bit, today, account, magnitude, nanosecond, weight, secondment, important, effect, opening, the initiative, number, access, break, now, twinkle, indorsement, outcome, hour, molybdenum, mo, tick, point, window of opportunity, momentousness, blink of an eye, trice.
- circumstance (part of speech: noun)
- transience (part of speech: noun)
- importance (part of speech: noun)