Definition of more:
- A greater quantity, amount, or number; that which exceeds or surpasses in any way what it is compared with.
- A hill.
- A root.
- Additional; other; as, he wept because there were no more words to conquer.
- Greater in number; exceeding in numbers; - with the plural.
- Greater in quality, amount, degree, quality, and the like; with the singular.
- Greater; superior; increased
- In a greater quantity; in or to a greater extent or degree.
- In addition; further; besides; again.
- That which is in addition; something other and further; an additional or greater amount.
- To make more; to increase.
- With a verb or participle.
- With an adjective or adverb ( instead of the suffix - er) to form the comparative degree; as, more durable; more active; more sweetly.
Thomas More, increase, furthermore, overly, else, moreover, yet, overmuch, big, infinite, exceptional, major, as well, supplementary, massed, further, too, beyond, farther, scarce, also, besides, other, still, extra, many more, increase, another, better, bounteous, excessive, higher, fresh, likewise, innumerable, together with something, over, item, in addition, scanty, numerous, more than, added, additionally, additional, plentiful, new, sir thomas more, to a greater extent, hyper-, surplus.