Definition of muddy:
- Abounding in mud; besmeared or dashed with mud; as, a muddy road or path; muddy boots.
- Confused, as if turbid with mud; cloudy in mind; dull; stupid; also, immethodical; incoherent; vague.
- Consisting of mud or earth; gross; impure.
- Fig.: To cloud; to make dull or heavy.
- Not clear or bright.
- To soil with mud; to dirty; to render turbid.
- Turbid with mud; as, muddy water.
blackened, swampy, overemotional, slapdash, confused, sullied, loose-fitting, drear, complex, inert, dismal, begrimed, intricate, pulpy, squashy, mysterious, parched, roiled, soggy, wan, incomprehensible, obscure, muddy up, blue, barren, spongelike, murky, impure, cheating, oozy, mud, frothy, difficult, colors, bemire, soaked, abstruse, cloudy, pestiferous, black, unsportsmanlike, marked-up, spongy, unsporting, mirky, mess up, armor-plated, baggy, sluggish, dirty, miry, insipid, bemire, dingy, dull, gold-plated, enigmatical, nebulous, dreary, waterlogged, boggy, clear, smudged, doughy, wet, squishy, gilded, dense, stained, torpid, unclean, grass, unintelligible, quaggy, nasty, gloomy, complicated, dim, foamy, gilt, roily, marshy, mucky, sloughy, slimy, mat, sorry, muted, indistinct, lousy, grim, ill-gotten, sludgy, deep, weak, riley, dark, doubtful, leaden, nebulose, hidden, subdued, clean, disconsolate, soiled, besmirched, involved, profound, bemired, dusky, draggled, turbid, bedraggled, flat, opaque, ambiguous, sodden, contaminating, grotty, drab, gift-wrapped, slipshod, watery, mire, slush, uncleanly, haphazard, darksome, cobbled, muddied, slushy, raunchy, furry, dry, befouled, cruddy, translucent.
- dirty (part of speech: verb)
unclean (part of speech: adjective)
- "Hills of the Shatemuc", Susan Warner.
- "Barriers Burned Away", E. P. Roe.
- "Who Goes There?", Blackwood Ketcham Benson.