Definition of muggins:
- A game at cards which depends upon building in suits or matching exposed cards, the object being to get rid of one's cards.
- A game of dominoes in which the object is to make the sum of the two ends of the line some multiple of five.
- In certain games, to score against, or take an advantage over ( an opponent), as for an error, announcing the act by saying muggins.
- "Doesticks, What He Says", Q. K. Philander Doesticks.
After a long search found him wrapped up in the colors, fast asleep with his head in a hog- trough- stirred him up with a musket, when he called me " Mrs. Muggins," and swore at me for pulling all the sheet over to my side.- "Doesticks, What He Says", Q. K. Philander Doesticks.
- "The Crime Doctor", Ernest William Hornung.