Definition of relation:
- A person connected by cosanguinity or affinity; a relative; a kinsman or kinswoman.
- Connection by consanguinity or affinity; kinship; relationship; as, the relation of parents and children.
- Reference; respect; regard.
- The act of a relator at whose instance a suit is begun.
- The act of relating or telling; also, that which is related; recital; account; narration; narrative; as, the relation of historical events.
- The carrying back, and giving effect or operation to, an act or proceeding frrom some previous date or time, by a sort of fiction, as if it had happened or begun at that time. In such case the act is said to take effect by relation.
- The state of being related or of referring; what is apprehended as appertaining to a being or quality, by considering it in its bearing upon something else; relative quality or condition; the being such and such with regard or respect to some other thing; connection; as, the relation of experience to knowledge; the relation of master to servant.
singing, parity, congress, semblance, regarding, relation back, sexual relation, congenator, likeness, connect, relationship, similarity, coincidence, sex act, sexual congress, relationship, affinity, copulation, intercourse, carnal knowledge, similitude, with reference to, proportion, tattle, simile, notification, relative, telling, hookup, link, recounting, kinswoman, coitus, linkage, interdependence, interconnection, comparison, sexual intercourse, interrelationship, kinsman, apprisal, congeneric, social intercourse, coition, congener, tie-in, about, resemblance.
- inclusion (part of speech: noun)
- relation (part of speech: noun)
kinship (part of speech: noun)
Gerald did not dislike Ceccherelli, really, only had him on his nerves in relation to Aurora.- "Aurora the Magnificent", Gertrude Hall.
There is clearly no relation between the two.- "A Grammar of Freethought", Chapman Cohen.
All the same it seemed a waste, in its relation to the man she was to marry.- "The Landlord at Lion's Head, Complete", William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009.