Definition of skin:
- A vessel made of skin, used for holding liquids. See Bottle, 1.
- That part of a sail, when furled, which remains on the outside and covers the whole.
- The bark or husk of a plant or fruit; the exterior coat of fruits and plants.
- The covering, as of planking or iron plates, outside the framing, forming the sides and bottom of a vessel; the shell; also, a lining inside the framing.
- The external membranous integument of an animal.
- The hide of an animal, separated from the body, whether green, dry, or tanned; especially, that of a small animal, as a calf, sheep, or goat.
- To become covered with skin; as, a wound skins over.
- To cover with skin, or as with skin; hence, to cover superficially.
- To produce, in recitation, examination, etc., the work of another for one's own, or to use in such exercise cribs, memeoranda, etc., which are prohibited.
- To strip of money or property; to cheat.
- To strip off the skin or hide of; to flay; to peel; as, to skin an animal.
fur, discase, pare, derma, peel off, undress, sheathing, stub, sputter, strip, husk, scarfskin, integument, flake, contend, fell, abrade, pelt, scrape up, scratch up, scrape, kowtow, splutter, spit out, parchment, bark, whittle, clamber, surface, struggle, integument, disrobe, trueskin, scramble, tegument, cutis, scratch, hide, grate, derma, jumble, shinny, trim, flake off, unclothe, lamina, beat, peel, pare down, pelage, throw together, surface, strip down, fight, rind, vellum, uncase, epithelium, genuflect, carapace, come up, shin.