Definition of slender:
- Moderate; trivial; inconsiderable; slight; as, a man of slender intelligence.
- Small or narrow in proportion to the length or the height; not thick; slim; as, a slender stem or stalk of a plant.
- Small; inadequate; meager; pitiful; as, slender means of support; a slender pittance.
- Spare; abstemious; frugal; as, a slender diet.
- Uttered with a thin tone; - the opposite of broad; as, the slender vowels long e and i.
- Weak; feeble; not strong; slight; as, slender hope; a slender constitution.
limber, flimsy, rawboned, weedy, thin, keen, delicate, pure, comminuted, fleshless, lank, graceful, clear, beautiful, subtile, splendid, polished, supple, small, smooth, negligible, urbane, subtle, dainty, slim, bony, sparse, little, gaunt, clarified, fragile, svelte, big, meager, lean, lithe, lissome, lissom, fat, faint, exquisite, spare, outside, refined, handsome, slight, minute, sharp, elegant, excellent, lithesome, nice, remote, angular, spare, sylphlike, gauzy, sensitive, narrow, twiggy.
- "A Man and His Money", Frederic Stewart Isham.
- "Comrade Yetta", Albert Edwards.
- "Bertha Garlan", Arthur Schnitzler.