Definition of suspense:
irresolution, quiescence, perplexity, suspension, incredulity, dormancy, skepticism, hesitancy, doubt, pressure, latency, indecision, distrust, suspicion, strain, stress, misgiving, suspended animation, cold storage, moratorium, deep freeze, alarm, unbelief, concern, disquiet, question, distress, hesitation, worry, tension, doldrums, holding pattern, scruple, confusion, disbelief.
drama (part of speech: noun)
- improvisational drama,
- uncertainty (part of speech: noun)
- expectation (part of speech: noun)
- "Flamsted quarries", Mary E. Waller.
- "The Great Mogul", Louis Tracy.
- "Moods", Louisa May Alcott.