Definition of tenuous:
keen, fragile, elegant, insubstantial, exquisite, polished, dainty, nice, smooth, splendid, small, light, little, thin, minute, pure, comminuted, clear, frail, svelte, unconvincing, gauzy, sparse, slight, refined, weak, feeble, insubstantial, strong, excellent, sensitive, flimsy, subtile, sharp, clarified, delicate, handsome, beautiful.
- narrow (part of speech: adjective)
- wispy (part of speech: adjective)
- unsubstantial (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Woman Named Smith", Marie Conway Oemler.
I feel a lassitude, a debility and abandonment of the will so great- I am so ready to weep for tenderness when I see a little flower, when I contemplate the ray, mysterious, tenuous, and swift, of a remote star- that it almost makes me afraid.- "Pepita Ximenez", Juan Valera.
- "Comet's Burial", Raymond Zinke Gallun.