Definition of urchin:
- A hedgehog.
- A mischievous elf supposed sometimes to take the form a hedgehog.
- A pert or roguish child; - now commonly used only of a boy.
- A sea urchin. See Sea urchin.
- One of a pair in a series of small card cylinders, arranged around a carding drum; - so called from its fancied resemblance to the hedgehog.
- Rough; pricking; piercing.
- "The Boy Tar", Mayne Reid.
- "Pee-wee Harris on the Trail", Percy Keese Fitzhugh.
- "Famous Stories Every Child Should Know", Various.