Definition of vacant:
- Abandoned; having no heir, possessor, claimant, or occupier; as, a vacant estate.
- Deprived of contents; not filled; empty; as, a vacant room.
- Empty of thought; thoughtless; not occupied with study or reflection; as, a vacant mind.
- Not filled or occupied by an incumbent, possessor, or officer; as, a vacant throne; a vacant parish.
- Unengaged with business or care; unemployed; unoccupied; disengaged; free; as, vacant hours.
deserted, clear, unemployed, indolent, silly, idle, free, witty, full, inhabited, witless, used, foolish, occupied, stupid, slothful, uninhabited, giddy, empty, unused, inactive, abandoned, inert, intelligent, bare, otiose, trifling, lazy, vain, hollow, unfilled, unintelligent, sluggish.
- absent (part of speech: adjective)
- thoughtless (part of speech: adjective)
- unsubstantial (part of speech: adjective)
- nonexistent (part of speech: adjective)
- "The History of "Punch"", M. H. Spielmann.
- "Roden's Corner", Henry Seton Merriman.
- "The Girl From Keller's Sadie's Conquest", Harold Bindloss.