Definition of warm:
- Being well off as to property, or in good circumstances; forehanded; rich.
- Fig.: Not cool, indifferent, lukewarm, or the like, in spirit or temper; zealous; ardent; fervent; excited; sprightly; irritable; excitable.
- Having a sensation of heat, esp. of gentle heat; glowing.
- Having heat in a moderate degree; not cold as, warm milk.
- Having yellow or red for a basis, or in their composition; - said of colors, and opposed to cold which is of blue and its compounds.
- In children's games, being near the object sought for; hence, being close to the discovery of some person, thing, or fact concealed.
- Subject to heat; having prevalence of heat, or little or no cold weather; as, the warm climate of Egypt.
- The act of warming, or the state of being warmed; a warming; a heating.
- To become ardent or animated; as, the speake warms as he proceeds.
- To become warm, or moderately heated; as, the earth soon warms in a clear day summer.
- To communicate a moderate degree of heat to; to render warm; to supply or furnish heat to; as, a stove warms an apartment.
- To make engaged or earnest; to interest; to engage; to excite ardor or zeal; to enliven.
- Violent; vehement; furious; excited; passionate; as, a warm contest; a warm debate.
passional, crank, crazy, buddy-buddy, flying, chummy, perspiring, gracious, tepid, tippy, potent, beachfront, blazing, nimble, heating, incandescent, secure, strong, intense, palsy-walsy, ready, all but, good, hard, lovesome, demonstrative, fervid, warmhearted, bleached, fresh, lively, brash, raw, loosen up, neighborly, sensitive, affectionate, burned-out, sweating, almost, ablaze, near, impassioned, warming, prompt, cavernous, nearby, charged, baronial, melting, fast, heated, empathetic, hottish, bonhomous, attached, matey, warm-blooded, alongside, stiff, zealous, mild, quick, gung ho, mad, inviolable, limber up, concern, amicable, practically, toasty, loving, sore, uncomfortable, enthusiastic, unassailable, hardly, chintzy, hearty, untoughened, comfortable, well-nigh, warmed, excitable, companionable, cordially, close, keen, hot-blooded, balmy, flushed, doting, good-natured, agile, substantial, cold, partial, barely, vehement, collegial, next to, clean, colonial, flaming, religious, spry, immediate, scarcely, impregnable, comradely, carbuncle, heartily, cordial, colored, thaw, sympathetic, perfervid, warmly, speedy, tender, nearly, cool, ardent, clement, brownstone, overheat, fond, hail-fellow-well-met, lukewarm, hail-fellow, caring, sweaty, sociable, cranky, solid, united, hot, firm, rabid, unattackable, palsy, appointed, red-hot, boiling, adoring, cool off, nuts, fervent, carpeted, superheated, straightaway, beside, color-coded, chilly, bold, good-tempered, attitude, warmish, next door, warm-up.
- emotional (part of speech: adjective)
- cheerful (part of speech: adjective)
- friendly (part of speech: adjective)
- heat (part of speech: verb)
- hot (part of speech: adjective)