Definition of wipe:
- A blow; a stroke; a hit; a swipe.
- A gibe; a jeer; a severe sarcasm.
- A handkerchief.
- Act of rubbing, esp. in order to clean.
- Stain; brand.
- The lapwing.
- To cheat; to defraud; to trick; - usually followed by out.
- To remove by rubbing; to rub off; to obliterate; - usually followed by away, off or out. Also used figuratively.
- To rub with something soft for cleaning; to clean or dry by rubbing; as, to wipe the hands or face with a towel.
transit, make, extirpate, abolish, annihilate, undo, finish, erase, overfly, murder, snuff out, extinguish, exterminate, hitch, skip over, rub, cut through, track, dust, soak up, help, liquidate, slay, efface, move through, zap, obliterate, pass over, skip, cross, eliminate, bump off, keep, root, scour, put away, pass across, knock off, uproot, do in, obliterate, destroy, cover, waste, delete, sponge, kill, expunge, traverse, rub out, eradicate, get over, off, continue, remove, lave, brush, hang-up, blot out, stamp out, get across, vacate, jump, rinse, pass through, cut across, cancel, snag.
- clean (part of speech: verb)
- dry (part of speech: verb)