Definition of excessively:
Synonyms for excessively:
- gluttonously (part of speech: adverb)
- extremely (part of speech: adverb)
- intemperately (part of speech: adverb)
- superfluously (part of speech: adverb)
- verbosely (part of speech: adverb)
- "Somehow Good", William de Morgan.
But the courage required for such an exploit was not so great as it might seem, for it was always found on these occasions that the beasts, though they had been very wild and ferocious when first aroused from their lairs, and had appeared excessively irritated when they found the circle beginning to narrow around them, ended at last in losing all their spirit, and in becoming discouraged, dejected, and tame.- "Genghis Khan, Makers of History Series", Jacob Abbott.
- "The Judgment House", Gilbert Parker.