Definition of performing:
- endeavoring (part of speech: verb)
- behaving (part of speech: verb)
- acting (part of speech: verb)
- performing music (part of speech: verb)
- working (part of speech: verb)
- venturing (part of speech: verb)
- "Sally Dows and Other Stories", Bret Harte.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
Although, in his pride at thus performing the duties of a real soldier, the boy allowed no word of complaint to escape him, he felt what the others expressed openly- that this guard duty, now that the Spaniards and savages had departed, and in the midst of a storm so terrible that it did not seem possible for mortals to face it, was an unnecessary hardship.- "The Flamingo Feather", Kirk Munroe.