Definition of moron:
- A person whose intellectual development proceeds normally up to about the eighth year of age and is then arrested so that there is little or no further development.
- An inferior olive size having a woody pulp and a large clingstone pit, growing in the mountainous and high- valley districts around the city of Moron, in Spain.
halfwit, half-wit, dunderhead, loony, gawk, ninny, jerk, cretin, simple, nerd, goose, softhead, schmo, gander, muttonhead, idiot, tomfool, schmuck, turkey, doofus, retard, natural, lunkhead, dip, ability, mental defective, mutt, imbecile, retardate, boob, addlepate, numskull, mooncalf, goof, saphead, changeling, mentally handicapped person, ding-dong, dingbat.
- fool (part of speech: noun)
- ignoramus (part of speech: noun)
- "Adventures in the Philippine Islands", Paul P. de La Gironière.
- "Joe Burke's Last Stand", John Moncure Wetterau.
- "The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus (Vol. II)", Washington Irving.