Definition of sarcastic:
saturnine, disillusioned, contumelious, austere, bitter, mockery, snarling, carping, biting, snickering, ironical, chaffing, caustic, smart-mouthed, pungent, sneering, acrid, satirical, scalding, acrimonious, corrosive, cynical, twitting, laugh, barbed, burlesque, acid, respect, nipping, acidic, quizzical, scorching, Rabelaisian, Hudibrastic, mordant, taunting, black, sneering, pert, severe, harsh, scurrile, acerbic, unbelieving, lampoon, satiric, cutting, mock, wry, irascible, captious, smart-aleck, snide, jeer, hostile, tart, acerb, smart-alecky, brusque, offensive, scathing, laughter, snarky, mordacious, grim, acidulous, custard pie, sardonic.
- contemptuous (part of speech: adjective)
witty (part of speech: adjective)
- insolent (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Crimson Sweater", Ralph Henry Barbour.
- "The Scottish Chiefs", Jane Porter.
- "The Mystery of a Hansom Cab", Fergus Hume.