Definition of alleviated:
- lightened (part of speech: verb)
- alleviated (part of speech: verb)
- moderate (part of speech: adjective)
- moderated (part of speech: verb)
- relieved (part of speech: verb)
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
A modern belle stands no kind of a chance with a country beauty- pale cheeks and dingy complexions may be alleviated by chalk and vermillion; but artificial hues are always evanescent, nature alone paints cheeks in fast colors.- "Doesticks, What He Says", Q. K. Philander Doesticks.
It struck me that the sufferings of the survivors would be alleviated if all the sheds in which they are living could be painted white or pearl- grey in order to protect them, as far as possible, from the burning rays of the sun.- "Old Calabria", Norman Douglas.