Definition of fostering:
- aiding (part of speech: verb)
- preparation (part of speech: noun)
- preparing (part of speech: verb)
- assisting (part of speech: verb)
James the Second had made an indifferent display of qualities as a ruler, and the nation was tired of a superstitious monarch who was fostering a condition of affairs which was turning England into a hot- bed of religious and political plots and counter- plots.- "The Portland Peerage Romance", Charles J. Archard.
- "Primitive Love and Love-Stories", Henry Theophilus Finck.
- "The Opium Monopoly", Ellen Newbold La Motte.