Definition of hogwash:
debris, crap, bull, berth, putrefaction, buncombe, feed bunk, swill, rotting, bullshit, guff, scum, Irish bull, dogshit, bunk bed, bunk, refuse, bunkum, built in bed, foolishness, shit, horseshit, ridiculousness, trash, hokum, decomposition, nonsensicality, rot.
- meaningless (part of speech: adjective)
- untruth (part of speech: noun)
- untruths (part of speech: noun)
- unmeaningness (part of speech: noun)
And we both felt kinder skeert and shamed like, and it looked such small hogwash, and of so little account, for all the talk it made, that we kinder felt lonely as two separated fools that really ought to share their foolishness together."- "Mr. Jack Hamlin's Mediation and Other Stories", Bret Harte.
- "Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist", Alexander Berkman.
- "Susy, A Story of the Plains", Bret Harte.