Definition of mightily:
- energetically (part of speech: adverb)
- strongly (part of speech: adverb)
- powerfully (part of speech: adverb)
As there is no mystery in this matter, it may as well be stated here that young Heaton ultimately returned to England, as drowned men have ever been in the habit of doing, when their return will mightily inconvenience innocent persons who have taken their places.- "Revenge!", by Robert Barr.
- "Dawson Black: Retail Merchant", Harold Whitehead.
- "The Boy With the U.S. Miners", Francis Rolt-Wheeler.