Definition of munificent:
open-handed, freehanded, free-handed, plushy, plush, unstinted, lush, free-hearted, unsparing, disinterested, prodigal, generous, overgenerous, free, openhanded, give, too-generous, handsome, lavish, lucullan, liberal, unstinting, open-hearted.
- benevolent (part of speech: adjective)
- philanthropic (part of speech: adjective)
- generous (part of speech: adjective)
- "Addresses & Papers / Collectanea", Peter Eade.
Folk so honest, so convinced of their own purity and uprightness that they can stand unmoved while the youngest and most helpless among them withdraws her claim to wealth and independence rather than share an unmerited bounty, such folk, I say, must be eager, must be anxious to know why they have been made the legatees of so great a fortune, under the easy conditions and amid such slight restrictions as have been imposed upon them by their munificent kinsman.- "The House in the Mist", Anna Katharine Green.
- "Half a Century", Jane Grey Cannon Swisshelm.