Definition of Reimbursed:
paid off, satisfied.
- recompensed (part of speech: verb)
- paid (part of speech: verb)
- restituted (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Gentleman from Everywhere", James Henry Foss.
- "The Village Coquette", Riviere Dufresny.
To enable the House to judge how far this apprehension may be founded, it will be proper to state, that Mr. Nicholas Grueber, who preceded Mr. Barwell in the Chiefship of Dacca, in a letter dated 29th of April, 1775, declares that he paid to the Committee of Circuit twelve thousand rupees as their profit on a single salt farm,- which sum, he says, " I paid the Committee at their request, before their departure from Dacca, and reimbursed myself out of the advances directed to be issued for the provision of the salt."- "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. VIII. (of 12)", Edmund Burke.